2014 Dates are:
March 6-10, 2014
October 1-5, 2014
This Master Class will be a training in quality, creativity, and competence. We will focus on developing a variety of your Feldenkrais® skills. The main focus of the Master Class will be in Functional Integration®. There will also be discussions and analysis of Awareness Through Movement® that will help your understanding and teaching skills.
In FI®, we will study and learn material of Jeremy’s, as well as deepening and refining classical Functional Integration structures, elements, and sequences. There will be clear demonstrations and plenty of time to practice and ask questions. All the ATM®s that will be taught will be Jeremy’s. Helpful references to Alexander Yanai lessons and other sources will be given when appropriate.
IN THIS YEAR-LONG MASTERCLASS…
* You will expand your repertoire of handling skills and refine your existing handling skills.
* You will learn how to understand what the person you are working with really needs.
* You will refine your understanding of what you are doing, why you want to do it, and how to do it.
* You will develop an understanding of different stylistic approaches in FI and their utility in different situations.
* We will do exercises to understand in a practical way the difference between a feeling state and a sensory state and how we can use them in FI.
* You will learn how to resonate with your own feeling and sensory states during a lesson and how to meet and resonate with the feeling and sensory state of the person you are working with.
* You will learn how your own feeling and sensory states affect the lesson you are giving.
Jeremy is an Amherst graduate and worked closely with Dr. Feldenkrais in the last years of his life in Israel. Jeremy was given charge of the Feldenkrais Institute in Tel Aviv after Moshe’s passing and later translated volumes 6 - 11 of the Alexander Yanai materials. He has headed more than 17 Feldenkrais Professional Training Programs throughout the world. He is coming to us from his home near Munich, Germany to share with us his wealth of knowledge and expertise.